Sunday, May 9, 2021

To the women in my life

 Erika:

I will never take motherhood for granted. It's crazy to think that at one point,  I thought this might not even be a possibility for me. Now, so many years later, we have two beautiful babies who I couldn't imagine our life without. 

My Mother's Day morning was filled with cuddles.


I am incredibly overwhelmed at the thought of all of the women in my life who have led me to motherhood and taken part in this journey. 

Mayla with the mamas.


So thank you to the women who have taught me how to be a mother. 

Thank you to my own mother, who has worked through so much joy and sorrow this year, with so much strength, grace, and honesty. Throughout my life, I have seen her do so much to break cycles and define motherhood for herself and it has absolutely shaped the woman I have become.

Thank you to the women who have acted as mothers to me and loved me as their own.

To the women who have offered up wisdom, but allowed room for discovery.

To the women who have prayed over us and sent so much love our way.

To the mothers who have shared their own struggles with me, so openly. 

To the mothers who have lent an ear and just listened to my own.

To the mothers who have generously helped nourish our babies and made them so healthy and strong.

And to the two women, Tina and Florencia, whose hearts lead them to sacrifice their own bodies to do what my body could not, and cared for my babies so deeply, as only a mother can.

We decided to share the video from Mayla's birth, figuring, so many people have been a part of our story and we really wanted to welcome you into this very special moment in our lives.







"Dear Mayla,

I look forward to seeing the kind of woman you will become. I pray that you are always surrounded by other women who will love and uplift you, whom you can lean on and trust, and I pray that you become the kind of woman who will do that in return. Love you baby girl, now and always."

---excerpt from a letter to our new baby







No comments:

Post a Comment

We love all of the prayers and support! So, feel free to leave comments, text, or call us.