Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Any day now...




Today is baby's due date. 4/14/2021
Both of the peartrees we have outside have just started growing pears! These are the tiniest, but so cute!


Even though she's still cookin', I know she'll be here soon.
And I think we're ready.

I love this tree shelf and all her books and Jellycat toys.


Her little library is just going to continue to grow.





So grateful for people's generosity and the hand-made, personalized gifts, like this quilt and the golden star. People are amazing.


It's 1am. I'm up. And there is so much going on in my head.

The gif I've used the most this week.


I've really been thinking a lot about Mateo and the big brother he is going to be. We have been reading books about being a big brother and what to expect, and though I know there is still going to be a transition period, I know he's going to be such a good big brother and be there for this baby girl. 

We were also given the book You Were the First... you can imagine how impossible it was for me to hold back tears. 



I made this little "bestie" onesie tonight while I watched TV and waited for a phone call from Florencia. 




Such a fun day, painting this special little egg. 

"Dear baby,

Everyone is anxiously awaiting your arrival. I know you'll get here when you're ready, and if Nana is right, your lil soul is just busy dancing around with Papa. But don't worry. Once you get here, we'll definitely keep the dancing going.

Thank you, baby girl, for slowing things down a little so that we could all could take a few days to breathe and prepare. 
We love you so much. See you soon!"

---excerpt from a letter to our new baby

















No comments:

Post a Comment

We love all of the prayers and support! So, feel free to leave comments, text, or call us.