Sunday, May 8, 2016

Showered With Love



 April was filled with so many celebrations.
I honestly can't wrap my head around everything everyone did for us. The food, the decorations, the gifts, the love.... It was awesomely overwhelming.  Our mothers put all of their time and energy into our shower; they called it a labor of love. Our siblings and friends worked and conspired tirelessly, and everyone's excitement was through the roof. I'm so happy we're not doing this alone. We have so much love coming from all directions and it eases up all the madness.




The desserts were insane. My friend from high school (Bella's Bakery & Boutique) and Luis' cousin made the spread and it was ridiculous.   Not to mention the rice krispy treats. And to quote my sister-in-law, "They were the best I've ever had!"




 












                                    



This guy was Mr. Popular surrounded by ladies.
see what I mean?





                                             








My sister made the favors!!! Even the cute little Baby Perales pins!
And her hubby designed the diaper t-shirts. So hilarious.


    


We won!

I freakin' loved our cake.
(These are fake plastic cigarettes we used as props for our Fight Club party back when Luis turned 30.)

Today is Mother's Day, and today Baby is 36 weeks. Last May I was getting ready for my egg retrieval, and now, we are less than a month away from meeting Baby...! We have been super busy racing the clock, trying to make sure we're all ready. June 5th is the due date, and right around the corner. Father's Day is going to be amazing!!!


"OMG Baby... There are sooooooo many people anticipating your arrival! SOOOO MANY! Your abuelas and all of your tios worked so hard to plan celebrations for you. Everyone is just so excited and have been such a support for all of us. Our village is huge and I don't know what we'd do without them. Needless to say, you are in for some fun when you get here. So many more celebrations to come!" 
---excerpt from a letter to our baby

                            

Now, to get to work....
                         

1 comment:

We love all of the prayers and support! So, feel free to leave comments, text, or call us.